Armenian Grandmaster Levon Aronian faced Sergey Karjakin in the seventh round of Altibox Norway Chess Tournament played Tuesday. The game saw another early queen swap exchange, on move 14. In the sequence that followed, most of the pieces soon disappeared and the game ended with a with a rook and minor piece plus four pawns on the kingside, in which neither player had winning chances
After 7 rounds played, four players, including Levon Aronian and World Champion Magnus Calrsen have scored 3.5 points, leading the table.
In the eighth round, Aronian have no opponent following a serious bicycle accident suffered by Ding Liren, who fractured a hip.
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan