Azerbaijan is perhaps the only member of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), which considers the renovation of a mosque as an anti-Islamic and “anti-Azerbaijani” move, Armen Israyelyan, an Armenian expert on Iranian studies, said on his Facebook page.
The expert detailed in these days the Azerbaijani media have again referred to the Shia mosque in Karabakh’s Shushi being restored with the support of the Initiatives for Development of Armenia (IDeA) Foundation in cooperation with the Artsakh Government. Kazakh entrepreneur Kairat Boranbaev has also had his input in the mosque restoration works.
“And now, after Iran, Kazakhstan is targeted by Baku’s accusations. According to the Azerbaijani sources, businessman Boranbaev is Nazarbayev’s relative, with the latter accused by Baku of supporting the anti-Azerbaijani projects,” he wrote.
“Azerbaijan’s such attitude should give way to concerns in the Islamic states, that face accusations by Baku, but, at the same time, as a “pious” Muslim state, Azerbaijan asks their assistance in adopting anti-Armenian resolutions on the sidelines of the OIC conferences,” the analyst remarked.
Israyelyan added that a department for interethnic relations, multiculturalism and religious issues has recently been created in Azerbaijan as part of the structural changes in the Azerbaijani President’s Administeation. Therefore, it can be expected that Baku’s anti-religious actions and repression against national minorities (Tatar, Talysh people) from now on will be coordinated by the country’s president himself.
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan
- “Stand up, Armenia” civic movement expanded the agenda, what to expect
- The Prime Minister reprimanded three ministers
- Obama is in hard situation. Aram Karapetyan
- Author of UN Report Confirming The Armenian Genocide Passes Away
- “Joghovourd”: Low quality drugs for diabetes