Armenia seeks to become a technological and financial center for the Eurasian Economic Union and, in the future, for the whole Central Asia and to become the gateway to the New Silk Road, an Armenian official said on Friday in Yerevan.
Addressing the participants of the Second International Forum of the Eurasian Partnership (IFEP) hosted by Yerevan, Ara Abrahamyan, UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador, initiator of the Forum and the Chairman of the Coordinating Council, noted that innovation, integration, non-standard thinking and openness will make Armenia an energetic and prosperous crossroad of the Eurasian Economic Union.
Mr. Abrahamyan highlighted that despite the fact that Armenia is poor in territory and natural resources, it is rich in ancient culture, highly educated hardworking people, bright and talented youth, as well as economic and scientific and technical resources of the international Armenian Diaspora.
“At our Forum we have investors, businessmen, scientist-inventors and government members sitting around one table to reduce the bureaucratic process and give the green light to the most daring and advanced innovations, investments and joint economic initiatives,” Ara Abrahamyan said, expressing hope that the forum will also be able to use the economy to resolve the conflicts.
To note, the Second International Forum of the Eurasian Partnership will run until 7 October. The first forum was held in Yerevan in the past year, in attendance of more than 800 participants from 37 countries. As Abrahamyan said, this year the event has brought together increased number of guests.
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan
- “Stand up, Armenia” civic movement expanded the agenda, what to expect
- The Prime Minister reprimanded three ministers
- Obama is in hard situation. Aram Karapetyan
- Author of UN Report Confirming The Armenian Genocide Passes Away
- “Joghovourd”: Low quality drugs for diabetes
- “Joghovurd” daily: Davutoglu pursued Nalbandyan
- “Joghovurd”: 7.4 thousand USD purchase of MFA for cognacs