Samboist Tigran Kirakosyan (52 kg) became a gold medalist of the European Games underway in Minsk, Belarus, the National Olympic Committee reported.
The Armenian samboist competed with Azerbaijani Aghasif Samadov in the decisive bout and celebrated victory, 4:0. Tigran Kirakosyan had started the struggle from the quarterfinals where had had a confident victory over Ukraine’s Roman Bratchenko, 7:0.
In the semifinal Kirakosyan had taken advantage over Russia’s Andrei Kubarkov (3:3).
In total, Armenia won three medals in Sambo tournament represented by six samboists.
Earlier, on June 22 David Grigoryan (82 kg) became a silver medalist, today Arsen Ghazaryan (74 kg) won bronze and Tigran Kirakosyan became a champion. Maksim Manukyan (57 kg), Asya Lalazaryan (48 kg) and Grigor Sahakyan (90 kg) lost the bouts for bronze.
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan