The National Assembly of Armenia on Thursday approved the program submitted by the new government led by Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan.
62 MPs voted in favor of the program, while 39 lawmakers voted against, with no abstentions.
“Dear Prime Minister, I congratulate you on the adoption of the government program and express hope that the provisions mentioned in your speech and set in the program will be realized,” Speaker Ara Babloyan said.
The Armenian parliament kicked off a special session on Thursday morning to debate PM Pashinyan’s government program, which consists of 7 points – the main directions of the cabinet activity, preparation of snap parliamentary elections, ensuring internal and external security, combatting corruption, free, dignified and happy citizen, consistent development of economy and Armenia-Diaspora ties.
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan
- “Stand up, Armenia” civic movement expanded the agenda, what to expect