Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan will attend the Euro 2020 qualifying clash between Armenia and Finland scheduled for Tuesday at Yerevan’s Republican Stadium.
“Today, we are going to watch football at 9pm at the Republican Stadium,” he said in a Facebook post.
Ahead of the match, the Armenian PM, accompanied by President of the Football Federation of Armenia (FFA) Artur Vanetsyan, on Monday visited the Football Academy of Armenia in Avan District of Yerevan, his office said.
Armenian national squad captain Henrikh Mkhitaryan presented Pashinyan with a T-shirt and a ball with the national team players’ signatures.
“Of course, football can also change the social moods and the atmosphere in the country. To be honest, this is what makes me believe that sports, in general, and football, as the most popular sport, are important to public life. Of course, the Armenian national team has a special significance in this regard. The national team has offered us many joyful moments of excitement during its history. I have watched the national team’s games many times before both at the stadium and in family, and it has always been a great pleasure.
“I wish you every success first of all in tomorrow’s game, but I do believe that your fans and the people of Armenia should prop you up psychologically regardless of the result. The psychological burden should be as light as possible and our team should not have any fear of the game in the well-known logic. The outcome of the game is indeed important, but as the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia, I am ready to share any bitterness with our team.
“Of course, there is even no need to share the joy, but be assured that I am always ready to share the bitterness with you. Therefore, you should be convinced that all Armenians, including me, we are with you on the pitch,” the PM said, addressing those present.
Artur Vanetsyan thanked the prime minister for visiting the academy and meeting with the national football team members. The FFA head assured that the moral-psychological atmosphere in the national team is at high level, and the players are all in good shape.
“We are getting ready for tomorrow’s match, and for the forthcoming games. We will show a very good performance. We believe that the guys will come out victorious tomorrow and will win the match. As you mentioned above, we will be next to the players. The victory is indeed quite promising, and we all believe that we will boast a win tomorrow,” Vanetsyan said.
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan