Armenian karate fighters of different age groups took part in the 2018 EKF Junior, Cadet and U21 Championships in Sochi, Russia.
Armenian athlete Gegham Nikoghosyan won the bronze medal in the 52kg weight class, while other Armenian karate fighters failed to win medals, the National Olympic Committee reported.
Karate has been included in the Olympic Games since 2016. The junior Armenian athletes will struggle to be qualified for the Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Olympics, while the adult karate fighters will fight to secure their places at Tokyo 2020.
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan
- “Stand up, Armenia” civic movement expanded the agenda, what to expect
- The Prime Minister reprimanded three ministers
- Obama is in hard situation. Aram Karapetyan