The Armenian representatives drew their games at Round 4 of Tradewise Gibraltar Chess Festival 2018 (10 rounds, Swiss system) taking place from 23 January to 1 February.
GM Levon Aronian played a draw against Sergey Grigoriants (Russia) with black pieces, while Lilit Mkrtchian drew with Vladimir Epishin (Russia), the National Olympic Committee reported.
After four rounds, Aronian comes 29th with 3 points. Lilit Mkrtchian lags behind in the 78th spot with 2.5 points.
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan
- “Stand up, Armenia” civic movement expanded the agenda, what to expect
- The Prime Minister reprimanded three ministers
- Obama is in hard situation. Aram Karapetyan