“Ahead of the presidential meeting between Armenia and Azerbaijan, Azerbaijani president continues the provocations,” Armenian foreign ministry spokesperson Tigran Balayan wrote on Twitter.
Balayan’s comments followed a fresh border incident on Tuesday, after a 19-year –old serviceman of the Armenian Armed Forces Chaplin Margaryan was killed by Azerbaijani fire at a military unit located in the northeastern direction of the Republic of Armenia.
Earlier, spokesperson to the Armenian president Vladimir Hakobyan told News.am that “it has long been known to everyone that before high-level meetings, Azerbaijani authorities resort to provocations in an attempt to “pollute” the environment.”
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan
- “Stand up, Armenia” civic movement expanded the agenda, what to expect
- The Prime Minister reprimanded three ministers
- Obama is in hard situation. Aram Karapetyan