A strong fire broke in the territory of Ani ruins, medieval Armenian city in the territory of modern Turkey, that rapidly spread by gusts of wind through dry grass, Ermenihaber reported citing Anadolu news agency.
As the source report number of firefighter brigades dispatched to scene to extinguish the fire as the security forces in the area failed to combat the flames through local forces.
- Traces of Armenian cultural heritage vanished in Bingyol
- Supreme Judicial Council elects new chairman
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia