The Armenian National Assembly overwhelmingly voted in a secret ballot on Monday to elect Gegham Gevorgyan as Chairman of the State Commission for Protection of Economic Competition.
A total of 121 lawmakers out of 131 took part in the vote, the head of the Counting Commission, Vahagn Hovakimyan announced.
Gevorgyan was elected to the post in a vote of 95 for and 26 against.
He had been nominated for the position by Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan.
- Traces of Armenian cultural heritage vanished in Bingyol
- Supreme Judicial Council elects new chairman
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia