Georgian President Salome Zurabishvili on Wednesday arrived in Armenia on a two-day official visit at the invitation of President Armen Sarkissian.
She was welcomed by Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Avinyan, Deputy Foreign Minister Shavarsh Kocharyan, Armenian Ambassador to Georgia Ruben Sadoyan and others at Zvartnots International Airport.
The Georgian leader first visited the Tsitsernakaberd Memorial in capital city Yerevan to pay tribute to the Armenian Genocide victims.
As the panorama.am correspondent reported from the scene, she laid a wreath at the memorial.
Zurabishvili next toured the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute.
- Traces of Armenian cultural heritage vanished in Bingyol
- Supreme Judicial Council elects new chairman
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia