German MP of Turkish origin Cem Ozdemir made a post on Facebook on the 104th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide marked on Wednesday, April 24, stressing the need to include the topic of genocide in textbooks.
“Today we commemorate the 104th anniversary of the genocide of Armenians and other Christians. We must never let this horrible tragedy and Germany’s involvement in it be forgotten.
“It’s high time that this topic as well as the Herero and Namaqua genocide were included in textbooks,” he said.
The lawmaker reminded that the German Bundestag recognized the Armenian Genocide in 2016.
- Traces of Armenian cultural heritage vanished in Bingyol
- Supreme Judicial Council elects new chairman
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia