Former Director at the Golden Apricot Yerevan International Film Festival (GAIFF), filmmaker Harutyun Khachatryan, was named as the next president of the Union of Cinematographers of Armenia. The election was held on October 7. Khachatryan received 88 votes out of 149 of the registered votes by the Union members, leaving behind the two other candidates – the Head of the National Cinema Center Gevorg Gevorgyana and filmmaker Vahe Gevorgyants.
To remind, the post of President of the Union of Cinematographers of Armenia has been vacant since June when former President, People’s Artist of Armenia Ruben Gevorgyants died at the age of 72.
In September Harutyun Khachatryan announced about his resignation from presidency of the Armenian National Film Academy and stepped down as the Director of the Golden Apricot Yerevan International Film Festival (GAIFF), citing heavy workload as the reason behind his decision.
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan
- “Stand up, Armenia” civic movement expanded the agenda, what to expect
- The Prime Minister reprimanded three ministers
- Obama is in hard situation. Aram Karapetyan
- Author of UN Report Confirming The Armenian Genocide Passes Away
- “Joghovourd”: Low quality drugs for diabetes
- “Joghovurd” daily: Davutoglu pursued Nalbandyan
- “Joghovurd”: 7.4 thousand USD purchase of MFA for cognacs