Armenian national team captain and Arsenal playmaker Henrikh Mkhitaryan says he is looking forward to playing “offensive football” in north London.
Mkhitaryan has revealed that Arsenal’s attacking style makes it a dream to join the Premier League club, Goal.com reported.
Mkhitaryan has also praised new manager Arsene Wenger. He said Arsenal’s style of play also made the club an attractive destination, perhaps digging at Mourinho’s perceived defensive approach at United.
“Of course it’s very important to have respect from your manager. I know that he’s demanding and he likes his players to explore,” he told Arsenal Player of Wenger.
“He was one of the [reasons] to join Arsenal as well because everyone knows he’s a great manager.
“I’ve known him for a long time and of course it was not very difficult to make this decision to come to Arsenal, because I think the way that Arsenal play [make] it a dream for every player to come here and play offensive football.”
Mkhitaryan, 29, signed for Arsenal earlier this month as part of a swap deal that saw Alexis Sanchez head to Manchester United. He could make his Arsenal debut when Wenger’s men visit Swansea City in the Premier League on Tuesday.
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan
- “Stand up, Armenia” civic movement expanded the agenda, what to expect
- The Prime Minister reprimanded three ministers
- Obama is in hard situation. Aram Karapetyan
- Author of UN Report Confirming The Armenian Genocide Passes Away
- “Joghovourd”: Low quality drugs for diabetes
- “Joghovurd” daily: Davutoglu pursued Nalbandyan