The green color of Lake Sevan has decreased and the water levels have increased around 1sm than last year, Armenia’s Minister of Environment Erik Grigoryan told reporters at a briefing on Thursday.
Speaking of the cleaning works, the minister informed that a price quote has been submitted to the government about installment of cleaning stations in three cities – Martuni, Gavar and Vardenis – near the lake. Around 770 ha territory are planned to be cleaned in the course of two years added the minister.
Grigoryan added over the past years the cleaning works in the lake had not been implemented properly
To remind, users on social media and environmentalists have been sounding the alarm since late June after the detection of blue-green algae, which has turned the waterway a soupy pea-green colour.
- Traces of Armenian cultural heritage vanished in Bingyol
- Supreme Judicial Council elects new chairman
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia