A solo exhibition sales of the works of contemporary Armenian painter Karen Mkrtchyan has opened at the departure and VIP halls of Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
The exhibition held as part of the art.am project, features the artist’s paintings of different periods, running from 2 to 18 October.
According to Karen Mkrtchyan, his works ‘re-evaluate and reshape the reality and phenomena, freed from compelled depiction of the visible, transform the familiar and tangible forms, giving them new shapes and descriptions through levels of sensuality and subconsciousness.’
Karen Mkrtchyan was born in 1958, in Artik town of Armenia’s Shirak Province. In 1979, he graduated from the Painting Faculty of Yerevan Pedagogical Institute. Since 1996, the artist is a member of the Armenian Artists’ Union and since 2003 – member of the Association of Artists KERPAR.
Starting from 1979, Karen Mkrtchyan’s works have gone on display in Armenia, France, the United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Russia and a number of other countries.
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan
- “Stand up, Armenia” civic movement expanded the agenda, what to expect
- The Prime Minister reprimanded three ministers
- Obama is in hard situation. Aram Karapetyan