Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan has signed a decision to appoint David Gyurjinyan the Chairman of the State Language Committee affiliated to the education and science ministry, the government website reported.
“Guided by Article 9 (Part 7) of the Law “On Public Service”, I hereby decide:
To appoint David Gyurjinyan the Chairman of the State Language Committee under the Ministry of Education and Science,” reads the decision.
A linguist and philologist, Gyurjinyan, 55, has a profound scholarly heritage, being the author of more than 100 scientific and educational-methodical works. In 1984, he graduated from the Armenian State Pedagogical University, specializing in the Armenian language and literature, working at the university for about ten years.
Since 1993, Gyurjinyan has lectured at the Gevorgian Seminary, and since 1995 – at the Yerevan Brusov State University of Languages and Social Sciences. He holds the scientific degree of PhD Candidate in Philology.
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan
- “Stand up, Armenia” civic movement expanded the agenda, what to expect
- The Prime Minister reprimanded three ministers
- Obama is in hard situation. Aram Karapetyan
- Author of UN Report Confirming The Armenian Genocide Passes Away
- “Joghovourd”: Low quality drugs for diabetes