Nominations are now open for the 2019 Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity, a global humanitarian award presented by the Aurora Humanitarian Initiative recognizing those who change and save lives, often at risk to themselves.
Nominations are open to the public and can be made for candidates who have put their life, health, freedom, reputation or livelihood at risk to preserve human life, the IDeA Foundation reported.
After being submitted through the online portal, nominations are reviewed by an esteemed Expert Panel, and the Aurora Humanitarians and ultimate Aurora Prize Laureate are chosen by the Prize Selection Committee. The Committee is chaired by actor and philanthropist George Clooney and includes Nobel Laureates Oscar Arias, Shirin Ebadi and Leymah Gbowee; former president of Ireland Mary Robinson; human rights activist Hina Jilani; former foreign minister of Australia and President Emeritus of the International Crisis Group Gareth Evans; former president of Mexico, Ernesto Zedillo; Director of the Institute of Global Health Innovation at Imperial College London, Lord Ara Darzi; former US Ambassador to the United Nations, Samantha Power; and co-founder of Médecins Sans Frontières and former French Foreign Minister, Bernard Kouchner.
A description of the Aurora Prize criteria and selection process can be found on the Prize website. Nominations for the 2019 Aurora Prize will close on September 7, 2018.
The nominations period for the 2019 Aurora Prize is now open and will close on September 7, 2018 at 11:59 PM (EDT). Further information about the nominations process is available on the Aurora Prize website in the “Nominate Now” section.
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan
- “Stand up, Armenia” civic movement expanded the agenda, what to expect
- The Prime Minister reprimanded three ministers
- Obama is in hard situation. Aram Karapetyan