The Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) is holding a third round of voting today to elect a new president with an intense competition between the proposed candidates Stella Kyriakides (Cyprus, EPP/CD) and Emanuelis Zingeris (Lithuania, EPP/CD).
“The Armenian delegation gives preference to the candidate from Cyprus as an objective and impartial MP. The outcome of the previous two rounds of voting showed that Kyriakides has a greater chance,” head of the Armenian delegation to PACE told Panorama.am.
None of the candidates receives unilateral support from the EPP/CD as well. According to some news, the Azerbaijani and Turkish delegations voice support to Zingeris. The voting results will be announced today.
To note, none of the candidates received an absolute majority of the votes as a result of the second round of voting held on Monday. Stella Kyriakides gained 121 votes and Emanuelis Zingeris – 69 votes.
A candidate is required to receive 152 votes for absolute majority.
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan
- “Stand up, Armenia” civic movement expanded the agenda, what to expect
- The Prime Minister reprimanded three ministers
- Obama is in hard situation. Aram Karapetyan
- Author of UN Report Confirming The Armenian Genocide Passes Away
- “Joghovourd”: Low quality drugs for diabetes
- “Joghovurd” daily: Davutoglu pursued Nalbandyan