World-renowned Armenian cellist Narek Hakhnazaryan will perform jointly with the Armenian National Philharmonic Orchestra in a concert scheduled for 20 March at Aram Khachaturian Concert Hall.
The concert program features Edward Elgar’s Cello Concerto and Beethoven’s Symphony No. 2, Panorama.am learned from the orchestra’s official website. The concert will be conducted by Eduard Topchjan.
Hakhnazaryan, 30, is recognised worldwide as one of the finest cellists of his generation. Since winning the Cello First Prize and Gold Medal at the XIV International Tchaikovsky Competition in 2011 at the age of 22, he has forged strong relationships across the globe with orchestras such as the Mariinsky Orchestra, Seoul Philharmonic, Filarmonica de la Scala and the London Philharmonic. Hakhnazaryan was selected to the prestigious 2014 BBC New Generation Artists Scheme, and his performances are broadcast regularly on BBC Radio 3.
- Traces of Armenian cultural heritage vanished in Bingyol
- Supreme Judicial Council elects new chairman
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia