Temperatures will drop further by 5-7 degrees in Armenia on Saturday, April 20, as cold arctic air masses are expected to invade the country since Friday evening, the Ministry of Emergency Situations said.
Metereologists forecast precipitation across the country throughout Friday, taking the form of snow in all mountainous regions, Lori Provinc and the foothills of Tavush and Syunik Provinces from Friday evening through Saturday.
Heavy snow is especially predicted in Syunik foothills, where the snow depth may reach 20-25 cm and above on Saturday.
Showers with thunderstorms are expected in capital Yerevan from 19 to 23 April, with strong winds up to 10-15 m/s expected during thunderstorms.
- Armenian Finance Minister: 5.2% economic growth recorded in 2018
- Presentation of Armenian translation of 2nd President’s book
- Armenia’s Prosecutor’s Office reacts to the letter asking for ex-President Kocharyan’s release
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan