The Chief of Joint Staff of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) commented on the Russian arms supplies to Azerbaijan at a news conference on Thursday.
“In my opinion, there are people in every country who thoroughly study this issue. I think the main task is to maintain certain [military] balance, with this conflict possible to be settled in the future,” Colonel-General Anatoly Sidorov told reporters in Yerevan, commenting on the question how he refers to the cooperation of certain CSTO states with an adversary to Armenia.
According to him, peace will be eventually established in the region due to the actions of various structures. The official expressed confidence there is no alternative to the peaceful settlement to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Colonel-General Anatoly Sidorov said Azerbaijan will purchase arms anyway if Russia refuses to supply them to the country. “There is a Russian saying – ‘A holy place is never empty’. If they are determined to acquire weapons, they will have them anyway. There is something positive about all this in a sense,” he added.
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan
- “Stand up, Armenia” civic movement expanded the agenda, what to expect
- The Prime Minister reprimanded three ministers
- Obama is in hard situation. Aram Karapetyan
- Author of UN Report Confirming The Armenian Genocide Passes Away
- “Joghovourd”: Low quality drugs for diabetes
- “Joghovurd” daily: Davutoglu pursued Nalbandyan