Sweden’s Charlotte Kalla won the women’s skiathlon to secure the first gold medal of Pyeongchang 2018. BBC Sport reported, the 30-year-old beat defending champion Marit Bjorgen by 7.8 seconds but the Norwegian still became the most decorated female Winter Olympian of all time.
Bjorgen’s silver means that the 37-year-old now has a total of 11 medals. Kalla won in 40 minutes 44.9 seconds to claim her third Olympic gold, while Finland’s Krista Parmakoski was third.
“I was quite nervous today and the Olympics is something I have focused on for a long, long time,” said Kalla.
“On the finish line. I did not want to look back and just focused on keeping pushing.”
- Ex-mayor of Turkey’s Van, who visited Armenia, is sentenced to almost 9 years in prison
- Russia’s Putin to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan meets with RPA-nominated presidential candidate Armen Sargsyan
- Iran re-opens border crossing with Iraqi Kurdistan region: state media
- EU publishes text of agreement to be signed with Armenia
- Armenia President receives Russian Industry and Trade Minister
- Serzh Sargsyan said- why not, take part. Ara Abrahamyan
- “Stand up, Armenia” civic movement expanded the agenda, what to expect
- The Prime Minister reprimanded three ministers
- Obama is in hard situation. Aram Karapetyan